These workshops are run in various locations around Australia. Check here for details
So, you have dreamed, drafted, created and re-drafted your first book. Congratulations!
As the author of 16 books myself, I know the elation of holding a finished, treasured manuscript in my hands. But some would argue the real work is yet to begin, for a manuscript is still but a manuscript until it is published into a book.
Every author has several options when it comes to publishing. I know this because I've tried them all…
||You can write dozens of pitch letters to various publishing houses around the country or even the world.
||You can apply to literary agents to represent you, and if you're lucky have them return your call. Or,
||You can take responsibility for your own product, branding, success and destiny by self-publishing.
From setting up your own "self-publishing brand" to having a finished product ready to launch world-wide, this 2-hour workshop will cover:
* The pros and cons of self-publishing, and how to avoid the pitfalls
* The 10-step process of self-publishing and flourishing
* The 11th commandment of self-publishing and how it makes or breaks your success
* Tips for branding and registering "you" and your work
* Distribution options, both in stores and online
* Launching your book - celebrate your first of many sales
BONUS GIFTS FOR EVERY ATTENDEE
* VIP invitation to submit your manuscript to Now Age Publishing
* A DIY marketing template
* Massive discounts on tools to help you succeed
Whether your manuscript is unfinished or complete, fiction, non-fiction, a memoir, a cookbook, a collection of poems or a family tree, this workshop will give you invaluable tips for preparing your work so that you end up with a polished, professional product.
This worship is very hands-on – to get the most out of it, it is recommended you bring:
* Your work-in-progress, whether it is still in draft form or a finished manuscript
* Your questions – the workshop is interactive and there is Q&A time
* Cash (or credit card) for the various goodies which will be on sale
* An open mind and heart – you could walk away with a publishing contract!
ABOUT Anita Revel
Anita Revel is the author of 15 books, many of which are self-published. She writes on themes of self-esteem, personal values, the inner goddess, celebration and marketing. Anita established Now Age Publishing in 2009 to help other Australian authors realise their dream of being published also. She lives in Margaret River where she is also a Civil Marriage Celebrant, but travels the world offering workshops and weddings!